We are totally committed to protecting the privacy of our visitors. We will not share your information with others without your prior consent. In particular:
- We will implement robust security measures to protect user privacy.
- We will respect your email privacy. You will not receive unsolicited mail from us or our partners without your explicit authorisation.
- We will never pass on any individual user details (including your email address) unless we have your prior consent.
- We may share anonymous aggregate statistics about our users with our advertisers.
Softmood may collect different types of information about our users for the reasons including:
- Helping us to improve the services we offer.
- To enable us to respond to your query.
- To use anonymous details about our users to sell appropriate advertising space on the site. This might mean showing an advertiser how many users we have on the site. We will not share an individual''s details with an advertiser.
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer''s hard disk so that the website can remember who you are.
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the "lifetime" of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
When you visit our website we send you a cookie. Cookies may be used in the following ways:
- To help us recognise you as a unique visitor (just a number) when you return to our website and to allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly.
- To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website. We cannot identify you personally in this way.
Two types of cookies may be used on this website, -session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site, and persistent cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
Use of Web Beacons.
Some of our Web pages may contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes known as clear gifs) that allow us to count users who have visited these pages. Web beacons collect only limited information which include a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the Web beacon resides. We may also carry web beacons placed by third party advertisers. These beacons do not carry any personally identifiable information and are only used to track the effectiveness of a particular campaign.
Find out more about Web Beacons.
Third Party Advertising.
We may use a third party to serve advertisements on our site. Cookies may be associated with these advertisements to enable the advertiser to track the number of anonymous users responding to the campaign. We do not have access to or control of cookies placed by third parties.
Find out more about cookies.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
Find out how to disable/enable cookies.